Stay Healthy This Winter and Use an Air Purifier
by EcoFan Filters on December 08, 2022
As we bask in the frigid cold weather of winter, we tend to spend more time indoors. More windows remain closed, for longer periods of time, to keep the cold air out.
As we gather with friends and family indoors, it's of paramount importance to have clean air. Being near others indoors raises the chances of spreading and catching a cold or flu. To decrease these odds, I'm sharing a few tips this winter season:
1) Open windows during the afternoon, when it's the warmest. Let new air in for as long as possible.
2) Use an air purifier to filter viruses, pet dander and other airborne contaminants. Use daily, especially when congregating with friends and family. This will reduce the odds of falling ill during this season. We recommend our eco-friendly and affordable Ecofan Filter. Check it out here.
3) Wear a mask if you feel ill to lessen the spread of viruses. If you have friends and family coming over, please ask those who feel sick to remain at home and rest. Alternatively, they should wear a mask and keep their distance from other guests.
4) Eat a diet that consists of whole foods. I encourage you to eat more fruits and vegetables, especially leafy greens. Limit processed foods, excessive sugar and alcohol.
5) Reduce stress. Stress lowers our ability to fight colds and flus. Engage in stress-reducing activities like reading a favorite book, meditating, or exercising.
6) If you believe you have any blindspots in your diet, take vitamin supplements. Some of my favorite immune boosting vitamins/supplements are: Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C, Selenium and Black Seed Oil. Buy organic whenever possible.
I hope you and your family stay healthy this winter season. Like they say, without your health, you have nothing!